Saturday, March 15, 2008

A Blog for Jenelle

Apparently I've been living under a rock. Not a dark and scary rock with cold, wet dirt and earthworms, but a nice comfortable rock with carpet and satellite television, but no weblogs. I don't know why, but for some reason I did not, until just recently, realize what a blog was. Maybe I'm just very unobservant, but my ignorance is probably because until this past school year, I taught high school at a school with an Internet blocking system that must have been ran by Nazis because almost EVERY useful and interesting website is blocked. Not just websites that should be blocked, like how to build a bomb sites and ways to annoy your teacher sites, but good websites, like those that promote world peace and teach readers how to churn butter. Try to get high school students to write a research paper using the Internet to find sources when most of the Internet is blocked! It's difficult. Anyway, now that I'm a stay-at-home-mom, I've crawled out from under my rock and realized what a blog is, and now (like most people who can run a computer it seems) I want one too!

I don't know what will come of this, and I don't know how long it will last. Considering I've probably started 15-20 journals in my 28 years that all lasted less than two weeks, I wouldn't be surprised if after five posts, I'm never heard from again. Hopefully though, with some kind of an audience I will be held accountable to write relatively often. I hope so, because when I'm rich and famous there will need to be some kind of a diary to post after my death. This could be it!

Probably, this blog will end up as a way for my son, Colter's, fans to see how much he has grown and what he's been doing. I'm sure I'll rant and rave and be silly too. Who knows? We'll see! I had a blog for a day at least!

No comments: