Thursday, June 25, 2009

The Kids' Table

I forgot to mention in my last post that Colter's birthday party day included two birthday parties! Colter and his grandma are birthday buddies (almost). Their birthdays are only six days apart, so after celebrating Colter's birthday at noon, the family went out to eat to celebrate John's mom's birthday. We had lots of good food and Colter and his grandma were both serenaded and presented with free ice cream. Yum!

Ever since Colter has been around, I have been demoted to the kids' end of the table whenever the whole family eats out. Colter's cousins all want to sit by him, and of course I have to sit by him to prevent him from leaping out of his seat and throwing food at the people next to us, so that leaves me surrounded by my nieces. That's totally fine; to be honest I would rather sit by the girls anyway because I don't get to see them very often, but I really wonder what the grown-ups were saying at the other end of the table. If I had a microphone at the other end of the table to satisfy my nosiness, I would be totally fine. What were they discussing? Politics? World events? Reminiscing how John's brother used to torture him? Oh well. I guess I'll never know. That's okay; I know I'm way too young and vibrant to sit with the grown-ups anyway.

The Kids
An attempt at a family portrait---after the long, fun-filled day of birthdays, Colter was done. I love how everyone is looking at Colter as I tried to reason with him, and the look on my sister-in-law's face is funny! She looks shocked at Colter's behavior. :) What? Sweet, little Colter is throwing a fit? Surely not!

No comments: