Thursday, August 27, 2009

Look Out Martha Stewart...

I can make homemade finger paint!

Colter and I needed something to do a few days ago, so we got creative on the front porch with some nontoxic, edible (not to mention cheap!) finger paint made of a couple tablespoons of flour, enough water to give the flour a paint consistency, and food coloring.

This boy is not afraid of messes!I asked Colter to say "cheese" for the camera. He held up his paint-covered hands and growled at me instead. RROOOOOOAAAAARRRRRRRR....It's the scary paint monster!
Any offers? I'll frame and matte a painting if anyone wants to purchase a piece from the Colter collection. We call this one The Dance of the Finger.
We played in the pool afterwards to get the paint off. :
Painting with flour and water was fun, but it didn't take long for the flour to start to dry on our hands and get kind of crusty. It probably came off easier than real paint, and I didn't have to worry about Colter eating it. :) Plan on swimming or taking a bath after this project!

No comments: