1. There's a sharp-toothed snail inside everybody's nose that likes to eat fingers. So don't pick your nose. If you don't believe me read...
"Warning" by Shel Silverstein.
2. Vugs live under rugs and they're scary.
There's a Wocket in my Pocket by Dr. Seuss
3. The Chinese think it wise to give all their children short names, like Chang, because a long time ago a boy named Tikki tikki tembo-no sa rembo chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo fell into a well.
Arlene Mosel's Tikki Tikki Tembo
4. A mother kangaroo is called a flyer, and a father kangaroo is a boomer. A group of kangaroos is called a mob. A group of bears is called a sloth.
-Eric Carle's Does a Kangaroo Have a Mother Too?
5. Cows can type and sometimes write letters to farmers.
Doreen Cronin's Click Clack Moo Cows That Type
6. Cats that wear hats are trouble-makers.
The Cat in the Hat by Dr. Seuss
7. Giants from giant country come out at night to eat human beans. They especially like to eat humans from turkey because they taste like turkey, but humans from Panama taste like hats, so the giants don't really like them. There's a big and friendly giant that restrains himself from feasting on humans though. He eats snozzcumbers.
The BFG by Roald Dahl
8. A cuboid is a rectangle cube.
Chuck Murphy's My First Book of Shapes
9. A wump is a camel-like creature. Some dude named Mr. Gump has a seven hump wump that goes bump bump when one jumps on its hump.
One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish by Dr. Seuss
10. Dr. Seuss smoked crack.