Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!

I live with a two-year-old egg hunting champion. At a local Easter egg hunt, Colter raced around other kids and filled his basket in record time. He was amazing. :) I think I should call a talent agent. I must admit; however, Colter was one of the older toddlers in his age division and as you can see from the picture below, the eggs were not exactly hard to find. There were plastic eggs everywhere! It was kind of a chilly morning, so I guess less kids than expected showed up for the hunt, because there were a ton of eggs. Every child was able to find plenty of eggs (although, I don't think anyone could have found as many as Colter the egg hunting champion!), and the hunt provided fifteen minutes of fun!



Colter and his bud, Soren, waited very patiently for the hunt. I only had to chase Colter out of the eggs twice. Well, maybe three times.
Daddy was a good basket holder.
As you can tell, Colter got the hang of egg-hunting real quickly!There were over fifty plastic eggs in his basket!
Each egg had a piece of candy or a plastic toy inside. I don't know how long it took the Optimist's club to fill all those eggs! Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on how you look at it), there were only a few pieces of candy that were appropriate for toddlers. That was okay though, because Grandma Jean, Nana, and Poppy made sure Colter had enough Easter candy to last until next Easter. Unless Mommy ate it all....After the egg hunt at the park, we went to another one at a local church. Colter got to listen to a story about Jesus, and then he was off to find more eggs!
Fun times!

The next day, the Easter bunny came by and and left Colter a few books, a bunny, and some candy.

Of course, Colter was most impressed by the candy. :)

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Look at that egg hunting champion!!! I'm always glad we have offices to send some candy to after Easter and other holidays otherwise I'd probably end up eating my weight in the leftovers that Riley can't have because that would be too much candy for a kid (but not necessarily a mommy)