Saturday, May 2, 2009

The Preggo Lady Is Faster

Or she just has a trouble-maker for a husband! Grr....Joey. :)

My friend Gina organized the Carter Ryan Run for Life to raise money for the American Cancer Society on May 2nd (go here to read Carter's story). There was a mile walk, a 5k run, and a 10K run. Although I could have run the 10K in record time and amazed all the onlookers with my speed and grace of course, out of the goodness of my heart, I decided to have pity on my friend Rachel and walk the 5K with her as she is preggo and didn't feel running a 10K would be in her baby's best interest.


It was a cold day for a walk, but look at our smiles. And look who is winning! Colter!Our families had a great time walking together and visiting, UNTIL the end of the race! Look at me casually walking with Rachel thinking we're going to have a six-way tie. Oh, the innocence! Little did I know Rachel and Joey had an evil plan!
Suddenly Joey grabbed my arm, and Rachel took off!Grr!Look at the expression on Rachel's face! It's obvious this was her plan the whole time. The little sneak. :)
The preggo lady crossed the finish line first! At least I got ahead of Joey. See how John is behind us? He just watched the whole thing and didn't rescue his wife. I hope I don't ever get attacked for real!
We finished the race in an amazing 52 minutes! We are speedy. :)The man of the hour with his mommy!

Thanks, Mike, for taking great pictures! I love how you captured the turn of events at the end of the race! :)

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Now now now - there was no premeditation in this race, although it sure seems as though there was, it was innocent I promise (and I won hehe)