Friday, May 29, 2009

A Walk in the Park

Today, Colter and I went to the park to take a walk. Instead of getting the exercise I was hoping for, we
threw rocks in the pond,
hung out with some black swans, fed the swans Cheerios off the floorboard of the car,

and played at the playground! I didn't take pictures of that part though because I was too busy sliding, swinging, and chasing Colter around to keep him from falling off equipment that he's really too little for. The walk I planned on was cut short by all the things Colter saw to do instead of sit in his stroller. The park is a big loop, and every time we walked passed something Colter wanted to do, he would start crawling out of the top of his stroller and do his best to convince me to stop. As we walked past the area where we could barely see the playground equipment he likes, he would point at the swings and say, "Whee! Whee!" (whee whee means swing by the way). I was silly enough to think Colter wouldn't notice the playground equipment and we could walk before playing. Silly mommy. I guess we can't go for walks in the park anymore unless I plan on wearing Colter out at the playground first. :)

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Silly Mommy - of course you can't go for walks someplace cool like the park, but think of all the exercise you got while chasing him around and sliding and swinging and all that good stuff - I bet you came out even :)