Thursday, June 4, 2009

A Zoo Trip

Colter loves the zoo! He and his friend Carter had a great time on their zoo adventure. Colter's favorite part was probably the water fountains (or whatever the things that squirt water up at random are called. Blogger won't let me move the pictures for some reason today, so these pictures are not in order.

See? He loved running around trying to dodge the water.
I know you'll find this hard to believe, but my almost-two-year-old has gotten a little obstinate. In this picture, I had asked Colter to say cheese. He did, but he turned the opposite direction. I'm sure it wasn't intentional.
We got to ride a train! Colter thought it looked awesome and was excited. When the train actually started up though, he was scared for a few seconds. He got over his fear quickly however, and I practically had to drag him off the train to get him to leave when the ride was over. I love the face Colter is making in this picture! I don't know what the boy that was with us had done to shock Colter, but it must have been something! The boys loved the water!This was Colter's first experience with the water shooting up from the ground. He went over and looked in the hole and got squirted right in the face! Surprise!Did you know giraffes have giant purple tongues? They do, and they will lick you! ICK!Colter wasn't sure about feeding the goats, but I guess he ended up liking it because when we were out of food, he scoured the ground to find food that had been dropped, so he could keep feeding them.My monkey at the zoo!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Awe - I wanna go with you guys to the zoo sometime - why does work always have to get in the way of all the fun stuff :(

Joey was so excited that Colter played with him on Saturday, I think it really made his day

Heidi said...

How fun! Looks like he had a great time. Great pics.