Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Colter's B.F.F.

Hi, I'm Austin Colton the Cabbage Patch Kid.

Although I am sometimes tossed from the heights of Mt. Crib, I am Colter's latest best friend. I know he loves me, because he always remembers to get me out of the crib in the morning, but he leaves those other guys, Boose the Bear, Duckie, Bunny, Lambie, and the two stuffed kitties (it's a pretty crowded sleeping arrangement), tangled up in the fleece blanket. Lately Colter has even been feeding me breakfast! I get to sit at the table with Colter, and I get my own bowl of oatmeal and a cup of milk. Colter's mommy finally convinced Colter to use pretend oatmeal and milk. She's such a trouble-maker.

Colter likes to let me play with him. Yesterday, he took me outside and let me hold my own piece of sidewalk chalk and draw a picture. I got to go on a wagon ride, too! I'm glad I live with such a nice boy. Sometimes, he dances with me while his mommy thinks we are just playing and listening to music. I saw her peek in the other day and spy on our dance moves. Sometimes, I think she just needs to mind her own business.

My boy takes very good care of me. He makes sure I have all my clothes, and he brushes my teeth and hair when he thinks about it. He has even been known wipe my little cloth behind with a real wipe and change my diaper. I hope he doesn't wipe off my Xavier Roberts tattoo someday.

Today when Colter got ready to take a nap, he accidentally left me in the living room. I heard him calling, "Autin, Autin!" I tried to run to him, but unfortunately, being stuffed of cotton, I couldn't get me legs to move. Luckily, Colter's mommy rushed to get me and delivered me to my Colter. I guess she's not all bad.


No comments: