Sunday, May 16, 2010

Keep Swimming!

It's 10:39, and I haven't written a post yet! Oops! In order to keep my daily blogging steak going, here's a quick, cute poem the pastor shared at church this morning.

TWO FROGS

Two frogs fell into a deep cream bowl,
One was an optimistic soul;
But the other took the gloomy view,
"I shall drown," he cried, "and so will you."

So with a last despairing cry,
He closed his eyes and said, "Good-bye."
But the other frog, with a merry grin
Said, "I can't get out, but I won't give in!

I'll swim around till my strength is spent.
For having tried, I'll die content."
Bravely he swam until it would seem
His struggles began to churn the cream.


On the top of the butter at last he stopped
And out of the bowl he happily hopped.
What is the moral? It's easily found.
If you can't get out -- keep swimming around!

Author Unknown

AND a verse he used in the sermon that makes me happy.

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he'll never leave you or forsake you." Deuteronomy 31:6

Good night!

3 comments:

Peggy said...

I thought I would write on my blog each day, but had to resolve myself to the fact that Mon, Wed. and Fri. at the very least would have to do...:)
Fun to read you posting, mine was about church this Sunday too!

Jenelle said...

I probably won't keep it up! I'm too flakey. :)

Ginny Marie said...

That is a great story! I need remember to churn butter when I'm feeling discouraged around here....

I've been trying to post a lot, too, and it's hard work! I hope you come by on Wednesday to link up to "Where in the World"! I'm excited about starting something new!