Friday, May 7, 2010

Mailbox Personalities

Have you ever heard the saying, "You can judge the owners of a house by their mailbox?" No? For example...



This mailbox screams hippie. Its owners throw out conventional standards and reject society's customs. The use of blue and flowers indicates that this mailbox belongs to creative, free thinkers who don't care what others think. They are also probably Democrats.
The owners of this dignified mailbox value tradition. They have a meticulously clean house and strive to always appear that they have life under control. The husband and wife have separate bedrooms.As apparent by this bird-poop-covered mailbox, a man is the owner of this house. A stubborn, somewhat conceited man who has a thing for marigolds. He refuses to do what everybody else does and doesn't care if all the other mailboxes on the street are on a pole. He takes pride in the fact that HE was smart enough to put his on a wheel.
The owners of this mailbox like to shoot things. They're Republican.

A former playground bully owns this unique mailbox. He/she likes to intimidate others as indicated by the treacherous looking hooks hanging from either end of the box. Each day, the mail person has to stick his or her hands into a gaping mouth. The owner of this mailbox would like to lure the neighbors into thinking that he/she just likes to fish, but really, he/she is hiding a secret ambition to be the neighborhood crime lord.
This chipped concrete dog mailbox is owned by a procrastinator. As indicated by the chipped paint and lack of care, the owners obviously, don't like the concrete statue and meant to get rid of it years ago. A symbol of ignored requests, this mailbox is the laughingstock of the neighborhood. Inside the house, frustration mounts. A woman with a sledgehammer calculates Rover's demise...


Can you guess which one is mine?




Friday Follow

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, from Friday Follow! Have a great weekend..and Happy Mother's day!

Rachel said...

Ha - I'm curious if you got caught photographing all the other mailboxes :)

I think I should bring my hammer and we could have a party demolishing said puppy while the boys and kids grill us dinner - I can bring the meat :) What do you think?

Love you
Rachel

extreme personal measures said...

Following you over from Friday Follow!

Stop by and enter my giveaway:
http://extremepersonalmeasures.blogspot.com/2010/05/eco-friendly-peter-rabbit-organic.html

Letherton said...

how cool

Here from FF and wanted to say hi.
Take a minute an check my blog out if you haven't already.
I have lots of great giveaways going on.
Thanks :)

ethertonphotography.blogspot.com

NorCalMom said...

Stopping by from Friday Follow. Love the mailboxes! Happy Mother's Day!

Leesa said...

I AM NOT OLD ENOUGH TO BE A HIPPIE!!!! But you were right about the democrat part... how did you ever guess?? lol

Marice said...

Happy Mother's Day!
following u from FF! Feel free to visit me here:
Life Can't Wait and Up Now and What's Next

Shelley said...

I LOVE the hippy mailbox! And I get the strange feeling that the last one is yours....:P

New follower from Friday Follow! Love for you to come visit and follow me :)

Hope you have a wonderful weekend :)

~Shelley @ Shelley's Swag

www.shelleysswag.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I am going to say the hippie mailbox. Let us know.

Happy Friday Follow. Following you now on GFC as Thrifty Canucks #95.

Please check out my blog and follow if you can

http://thriftycanucks.blogspot.com/

Ginny Marie said...

I have to guess that you are the woman with the sledgehammer! What a great idea! Unfortuately, all the mailboxes around here look the same! The neighbor across the street had a mailbox on top of a radiator, but the new owners replaced it with an ordinary looking mailbox!

Thank you for linking up to Meme's the Word! You're awesome!

jayayceeblog said...

Hubby and I just laughed our way through your pictures and mailbox psychology. What a riot!!!

heavenisabookstore said...

This is my first time reading your blog (but not the last) and I have to take a wild guess and say the last one? Hilariously funny. Thanks!

Unknown said...

Hi! Just popping over from Meme's the Word! I love your mailbox post!! I would never have thought about the boxes and people's personalities behind them. Now I am going to start looking in our city at everyone's mailboxes!!

Family-Friendly Product Reviews said...

Happy Belated FF!

I'm your newest follower! If you get a chance, please follow me too at http://www.mommylivingthelifeofriley.com

Have a great day!