To celebrate, I'm having my first give-away! One lucky reader will win a book and a snack. To enter leave me a comment on this post sometime between now and Monday at 11:59 p.m. Pacific time. If you post a link to this contest on your blog and let me know, you'll have two entries! Somone will receive a copy of a book I recently read, The Shack by William P. Young. Everyone that doesn't win needs to go out, buy a copy, and read it! Anyone who has already read it needs to enter anyway, so she can give it to someone who hasn't read it! In The Shack, a man comes face-to-face with God. This book really presents a lot to think about and could transform your relationship with the Lord!
The winner will also win a bag of glorious chocolatey deliciousness a.k.a. Poppycock! I was introduced to Poppycock through a post on Jennifer's blog, so it's a fitting 100th post give-away item. Without blogging, I may never have known about this tasty snack. The horror!
Good luck everyone! Make sure you leave a comment for a chance to win! I'll announce the winner on Tuesday, so check back!
I also have a list of 100 things about me for my 100th post. In no particular order and in typical Jenelle randomess, here they are!
1. I adore my family.
2. I have green eyes.
3. I have an extremely precious son whom I am so enamored with.
4. My husband is one of my best friends.
5. My mother is another.
6. I am right handed and right brained.
7. I like blue M&Ms best.
8. My first car was a gold, 1978 Dodge Aspen. How cool is that?
9. Sometimes I cuss in my head when I’m driving.
10. I sometimes got reprimanded in school for reading.
11. When I’m teaching, it doesn’t really bother me if kids are reading and ignoring me.
12. I spent the last year growing my hair out because I wasn’t sure what my natural color was anymore. Now that I know it’s a very uninteresting brown, I suspect I will be getting highlights soon.
13. I confess…I’m Big Foot. Not really. But I do wear a size 10.
14. I once was bit by a hungry pig.
15. I HATE pigs.
16. I like B.L.T.s
17. I love the mountains.
18. I think I might love the ocean even more, but I haven’t been there enough times to be sure.
19. I am blind as a bat. The person who invented contact lenses is my hero.
20. I sometimes think I would like to move out west…maybe Wyoming…maybe Montana…but I probably never will.
21. I don’t remember not believing in God,
22. but sometimes I ignore God. Isn’t that weird?
23. I like to be outdoors,
24. but I loathe ticks and mosquitoes.
25. Hamburger from Wal Mart sometimes makes me gag. I like the farm fresh stuff.
26. When I was little, a pitch fork went through my leg.
27. I don’t do well on less than eight hours of sleep.
28. I cried during The Lion King.
29. My fingernails are long, strong, and fast growing. Too bad I don’t keep them painted.
30. I’m a procrastinator.
31. I’m taking on two new part-time jobs soon—teaching a few classes at a local college and teaching some online classes.
32. A little part of me still believes in Santa Claus.
33. Christmas is my favorite holiday.
34. I’m a Scorpio.
35. I went home practically every weekend during college.
36. I need to shave my legs.
37. I could eat chocolate at every meal.
38. I like to garden.
39. I’m not very good at keeping up with laundry.
40. I grind my teeth when I sleep.
41. I’m the oldest of five kids.
42. Supposedly, I’m pretty bossy. Whatever.
43. I have only flown once, and it terrified me.
44. I love flowers.
45. I won a bunch of medals throwing the shot put in junior high. Then everyone else grew and I stayed the same size, so I wasn’t any good at it anymore.
46. I used to work as a waitress.
47. I stole a piece of two cent candy when I was little and had nightmares about policemen coming to get me.
48. I grew up on a farm.
49. I loved being pregnant.
50. I love being a mommy more.
51. The direction our country seems to be headed scares me.
52. I hate it when people are rude.
53. I have a love/hate relationship with my cell phone.
54. Sometimes I want a dog,
55. but most of the time I don’t.
56. I like to watch movies curled up on the couch with my husband.
57. I also like to beat him at miniature golf.
58. I sold underwear on Ebay.
59. I love Ebay.
60. I am becoming a blog addict,
61. but I haven’t taken the time to figure out exactly what I’m doing.
62. I like camping...RV camping.
63. I think it would be cool to go on a really, really long bike trip--like across the state or something.
64. I like to listen to audio books when I’m cleaning.
65. I daydream a lot.
66. I don’t like coffee,
67. but I love the smell.
68. When my brother was four, and I was eight, I had him stand on my shoulders for our circus game, and I accidentally let him fall. He had to get stitches and has a scar in the shape of an X on his forehead. Oops.
69. I love to take pictures.
70. I like to cook.
71. I don’t like to do dishes.
72. In fact, I would love to have a housekeeper. Who wouldn’t though, huh?
73. I changed my major four times.
74. I finally decided on English. Don’t judge my grammar though. Some of these blog posts get written very quickly during nap time.
75. I want to kidnap my thirteen-year-old little brother, because I miss him.
76. I like to go to historical tourist places.
77. I have copies of my photographs in five places. Paranoid?
78. I have young parents. My mom was only eighteen when she had me.
79. Sometimes I ignore my husband when he talks about fantasy baseball. I’m sorry, honey.
80. I had my ten-year high school reunion this summer. Ugh!
81. Sometimes I stay up way too late. Like now.
82. I used to have a beta fish named Barbarossa.
83. I had a roommate in college that had a séance in her room, and we think she burnt a bird as some sort of offering. It was super weird.
84. I need to lose about fifteen pounds or go buy a whole new wardrobe.
85. I like video games.
86. I really want a Wii Fit.
87. Spring is my favorite season.
88. I didn’t like math in school, and I ended up married to a math teacher.
89. I think it would be cool to meet an alien. Well, a friendly alien anyway.
90. I’ve been married for five and a half years.
91. I have two warts on my thumb. Ick.
92. I love Cadbury Crème Eggs.
93. I have seven holes in my ears. It used to be eight, but I decided the fourth row was just too much so I let them grow in. One of the holes has never sealed up though.
94. I need to learn a foreign language, so I can finish my M.A.
95. In a high school writing contest, my two entries tied for first place in the tanka poem division.
96. John and I tried to have a baby for almost three years before I finally got pregnant. We did fertility treatments for about nine months, and then as soon as we couldn’t afford it anymore and had to quit, Colter showed up!
97. I like to go on walks.
98. I am disgusted by my husband's fungus-infected little toenail.
99. I wish my girlfriends and I got together more.
100. I’ve written 100 blog posts. Hooray for me!